Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wooooowwwwwww

So last night was the big hospital fundraising event, which basically works like this: It's a huge outdoor party with about 30 local wineries and breweries pouring alcohol, more wine at the tables, and an amazing dinner. When everyone (who has paid an exorbitant amount for their admission) is sufficiently intoxicated, they auction off several items. It was awesome. Everyone was having such a great time. The wine was excellent, and somehow became even more excellent as the night went on...
We have a friend who is a winemaker, so he joined our table and brought some of his select stuff over with him....ahhhh it's so good.
So I knew I had that to do this weekend and decided it would be my last crazy day. Today I'm going to flush it out of my system with lots of water and juice and grapefruit, which makes me feel amazing. Tomorrow is day one of p90x.
I'm familiar with the meal plan for P90X, but because I don't have a ton of time to cook, I've come up with some alternatives for the meals. Mainly, this first phase is all about the lean protien and lack of carbs. When I started paying attention to labels, I learned that I could cut so many calories just by buying the low-fat and fat-free and low-sodium stuff. I didn't even have to necessarily eat any LESS food, it just needed to be smart food. When I did the math one day after my revamped grocery shopping, I had cut almost 1000 calories from my daily diet without even trying.
According to a calculator, I am supposed to eat 2100 calories a day. That is a lot of food! LOL I don't think I could eat that much unless I was eating fattening stuff...I usually feel best at 1500-1800 cals of low fat foods.
I'll be happy to share some recipes with you as I find them. The P90X recipes are really good too, they just take a long time. My favorite is the Island Pork Tenderloin salad...mmmm could eat that every day.
All right...off I go to finish my coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment