Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ballet- the ultimate exercise!

Yesterday was a crazy busy day, so I made sure to join my advanced ballet class for their exercises. Every time I do an intense ballet class, I realize how good it is for me! Ballet is not a fat-blasting exercise system, but it tones muscles and strengthens your core in amazing ways! I have a crazy body- moderate scoliosis, one reconstructed knee and one that I haven't bothered to fix because surgery was worse than the actual problems. I am susceptible to tendonitis in my achilles tendon...all of this does not bother me nearly as much as it should! I think that has everything to do with my ballerina lifestyle. :)

If you live near a studio with an adult ballet class, check it out! It can change your life. My mom started dancing at 39, and now, six years later, she is a lovely dancer and has even progressed to being en pointe! How many moms and grandmas can say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment