Saturday, September 12, 2009

My First Post

Hi! I'm a new coach with Beachbody and am just figuring out how all this works. I am a 26-year-old mother of two, ballet studio owner / instructor, future home-schooling mom, and a bunny fanatic.
'
After I had my second child in December 2008, I was 190 pounds and felt very weak. I am normally an active person, but back problems prevented me from doing very much exercise during my two back to back pregnancies. Worried by all the moms telling me they never did lose their baby fat, I joined Beachbody and started with Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs. Here is me on my first day of HHA. I think I was about 175.




One month later, I was down to 165.




After that, I got a little bored with doing the same thing every day. I also discovered my core strength was not what it used to be. I was trying to juggle two babies and my job, and so my resolve to exercise went down. With my first baby, I didn't have to work out much, and I lost most of the weight I'd gained with her before I got pregnant with my second, but this second baby weight was really not going anywhere! In April, I grew very frustrated and after seeing an infomercial for P90X, I bought it. I did 3.5 weeks of Phase 1 faithfully before Aunt Flo came to visit and it being my first one since having the babies, it was a baaaaaad one. But here were my results after just that first part of P90X- 150 pounds and starting to get some ab definition.



Over the summer, I've been working to strengthen my core muscles, because I really want to get through the whole P90X program. I haven't really lost anymore weight- it's kind of fluctuated between 146 and 150 all summer. I'm feeling pretty good now, and prepared to start bringing it on Monday.

If you want me to be your Beachbody coach for free, I can promise I'll give you encouragement and help you stay consistent as much as I can! We need others to help us reach our goals!

2 comments:

  1. Hey- this is Jen Hector. I wish we lived in prosser---we could work out together!!! I have such a hard time getting motivated to get up before Jack and work out, or to put off housework during nap and do it. It would be so fun to have someone to do it with!! :) Great job with your results though! That's awesome, and I bet you feel amazing!! How did you like HHA? I have been doing Turbo Jam for a few years and really like it, but kinda want to try something different

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen! I really liked HHA to start off with, and I still use it sometimes when I need something fun and happy. It's a fun workout and definitely tones the abs, but it's not something I can do every day. I like a variety. I'm enjoying P90X...one thing that makes me happy is that after you do it a few times, you can just follow along with your list and do the moves on your own. It cuts back a little on the time commitment, and it's a good option if the kids are running around...I can still work out and talk to them.
    I want to try Turbo Jam! It looks fun! You should join Beachbody...they have an online tool that helps you keep track of your workouts and it gives you a big red X if you miss one...lol. We could hop online and work out together! :)

    ReplyDelete